The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Joint Operations Centre in conjunction with the South African Services request motorist to consider staying off the road and at home as heavy rain is expected tonight.
– The Old Cape Road from Rowallan Park to Van Stadens is currently flooded and motorists are requested to be extremely careful when using it.
– The Bagshaw/Govan Mbeki Road is flooded as well as at the corner of Lindsay Road and Haupt Street.
– The left lane of Cape Road is flooded from First Avenue to Greenacres Hospital.
– At the bottom of Devon Road in Sherwood the road is flooded as well as Mission Road and Fountain Road in Walmer.
– La Roche Drive and Strandfontein Road are also flooded.
A second vehicle rolled on the M4/Settlers Way as a result of the high water level. A tree fell over the N2 at the Cotswold Bridge in the Port Elizabeth/Cape Town direction a few minutes ago. Areas affected by power outages are: Heath Park, Aspen Heights, Bloemendal, Kwadwesi, Salsoneville & Sanctor