Don’t forget the Summerstrand Residents Association Meeting taking place on Tuesday 4th Sept, 17h30, as usual at Pearson High School. If you care about your neighbourhood please attend!
Category: port elizabeth
It is time for Casual Day again and Cheshire Home Summerstrand is one of the many participating NGO’s in PE. This day is not only a chance for the community at large to become aware of disabled people but it also gives those caring for disabled people the chance to raise some much needed funds for the support, care, opportunity and love we offer them. Cheshire Home Summerstrand has been offering support and care to disabled people for over 37 years. Of every R10 sticker sold for Casual Day, they get R4. The balance goes into a national fund for the support of disability. The funds raised will be for the direct benefit of the 54 disabled adults and 23 disabled children of its outreach project “Khaya Cheshire“. For more information, visit http://www.cheshirehomesec.org/outreach
NELSON MANDELA BAY MUNICIPALITY PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT MEETING BETWEEN TRANSNET AND COMMUNITY OF HUMEWOOD
Humewood and other interested residents, including representatives from Business and Tourism are invited to a public meeting on Thursday, 23 August 2012, at 17H30, at which the Chief Executive of Transnet National Ports Authority, Mr Tau Morwe, will provide feedback on the liquid bulk/tank farm and manganese project, as well as the Port Development Framework for Nelson Mandela Bay.
Date: Thursday 23 August
Venue: Hume Park Recreational Club – Main hall
Roads closed at this stage due to the heavy rains of this weekend in Port Elizabeth and surrounds are:
· Soudien Street/Old Uitenhage Road
· Third Avenue Dip (Newton Park)
· Seaview Road (Bushy Park area), and;
· Loodsberg Pass and the Wapasberg Pass are closed due to snow.
Roads flooded but not closed at this stage, amongst many others, are:
· M4/ Settlers Way (opposite North End Prison)
· Cape Road in the direction of St. Albans
· Grahamstown/ Ferguson Road
· Cape Road towards Draaifontein Road
· Walker Drive towards Samantha Way
Newton Park Third Avenue Dip area
Carrington Road in Charlo
Seaview Road in the vicinity of Bushy Park
Water Road and Victoria Road are currently being monitored and could be closed at any time
Motorists are warned to use extreme caution and adhere to safe following distances as road surfaces are slippery!
The SA National Weather Services have called for a high alert this weekend with previsions of extreme cold inland, heavy winds by the coast, and heavy rains. The 2 HIGH pressure systems south of the country and developing LOW pressure system over the far Northern-Western interior are similar to the systems that caused the 1968 floods in Port Elizabeth and Surrounding areas.
– Heavy Snow Falls are expected with Road closures in all mountain passes in the region except for Olifantskop pass.
– Heavy Rain is expected to reach Port Elizabeth by today noon until Saturday evening throughout the region of Cacadu.
– These systems are expected to also affect all outdoor activities in the region such as the Biltong Festival in Somerset East and the VW Algoa Rally being held in the Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and surrounding areas.
Please be warned and take care.
|MUNICIPALITY WORKING TO RESTORE WATER SUPPLY FOR HUMEWOOD & WALMER, after the main water supply (500 mm in diameter pipe) failed late last night between First and Seventh Avenue. No timeframe for the restoration of supply is available at this stage.|
The bellbuoy swimming challenge, the ironman 2012, the national hobbie cat championship, and so many other watersport events have animated our beautiful nelson mandela bay in the last few weeks.